A Thanksgiving Message from the Student Assembly

Like many students across the system, Student Assembly leaders are given the opportunity once every November to visit loved ones near and far while giving thanks. This year, executive board members decided to share with COBALT what they’re thankful for.

Marc Cohen, President

marc-cohenI’m thankful for the US postal service for the incredible work that they do. Even in a time of such technological advancements, mail remains a critical mode of communication. The postal workers entrusted with delivering the mail continue to offer a great service to our country. 

Bridget Doyle, Vice President

bridgette-doyleFirst of all, I’m extremely thankful for my friends and family who continuously lift me up. I am thankful for the wonderful people I have the privilege of working in the Student Assembly. Lastly, I am thankful for the tireless advocates for women’s rights. This Thanksgiving, I am truly thankful for those who fought — and are still fighting — for my right to vote, speak my mind, and be safe in my community.

Morgan Wood, Secretary

wood-headshot

I am thankful that I get to work with such an incredible organization helping to represent and connect 600,000 leaders.

Pat Gareau, Treasurer

pat

I’m thankful for my family, friends, and all of the great opportunities available for people from sea to shining sea.

Nick Simons, Chief of Staff – External Affairs

simons-1

I’m thankful for this time of year where everyone’s problems matter a bit less because we’re all together. It’s hard to picture a better time than sharing an evening with family and friends, reminiscing about old times and getting excited about the future. I’m thankful for the amazing support system I’ve been given and I’m thankful to have the opportunity to give back to those less fortunate. Happy Thanksgiving to all, may everyone realize they have something to be thankful for.

Carolyn Sheridan, Deputy Chief of Staff

carolyn

I’m thankful for all of the people that make up my support system and for the people that have always had my back no matter what. This time of year is a grand opportunity to reflect on who has made a substantial impact on my life. It’s important for me, not only on Thanksgiving but throughout the year, to acknowledge everyone who has supported me and vouched in my corner every step of the way. 

Robert Drumm, Chief of Staff – Student Affairs

drumm-1I’m thankful for my family and all of my great friends. I’m also thankful for all of the men and women who serve on Thanksgiving. Thank you. And last but not least, I am thankful for the last 7 years to serve such a great organization and work with some extraordinary people. 

SHARE